founded Central City Auto Parts in 1926 on North Franklin
started by saving about $5.00 a week. He brought in a car or
two per week until he had about 40 cars. He bought the cars
for about $5.00 each, then would sell the tires and tubes
from $2.00 to $5.00 each. The rest of the car would be
scrapped, saving all usable parts. He sold the scrap iron,
radiators, aluminum, and copper every fifteen days and
reinvested the profit in more junk cars.
By 1933 the company needed more space. They bought 62 acres
of land in the village of East Syracuse and opened their
first branch store.
Everything went smooth until World War II. By that time
Frank had accumulated about 3,000 cars and trunks between
the two yards. Then the headaches began. All kinds of
government regulations began to take effect. Every tire and
tube, regardless of condition, had to be counted and
scrapped. Every vehicle had to be counted and every ton of
scrap had to be recorded, to whom it was sold and where it
was going. Frank felt he was no longer the owner of his
business. Government men were like flies. Some days three or
four different departments would contradict each other. They
knew nothing of the business. All they wanted was more scrap
iron, copper, aluminum, brass, and tires. The government
asked that every car in the yard be wrecked, regardless of
its age. Many late model cars, motors, and rear ends were
scrapped. Many truck rear ends were converted into tractors
and plows. No new trucks or cars were manufactured. The old
ones had to be kept running.
It was during World War II that Frank helped organize the
National Auto Wreckers Association, he was on the Board of
Directors. In 1961 Frank and many other auto wreckers were
instrumental in forming the NYS Auto and Truck Dismantlers
Association. Frank was president from 1963-64. Today the
organization is the Automotive Recyclers Association of NY.
Pat (the second generation), upon finishing college, came
into the business in 1952. He managed all phases of the
business, including buying all salvage vehicles, managing
customer service, and contract and finances. In 1971 Frank
retired and Pat became president. Pat was also elected
president of the NYS Auto and Truck Dismantlers for 1967-68
With Urban Renewal, Central City relocated its operations to
Central Square, NY. With 77 years of service to the
community, Patrick (third generation) is now president.
Patrick enjoys working in the community and continuing this
dedication to his customers.
Today, the Central City Auto Parts tradition of excellence
continues and also includes:
parts tested, warrantied, and sold at the lowest
A knowledgeable and courteous staff (our sales force
alone has over 90 years experience!)
CCAP dismantling process never sacrifices the
environment for the quick dollar. Instead, all CCAP
employees are formally trained and certified.
the environment through our revolutionary dismantling
process, ensuring CCAP will maintain its place as an
importantly, our continuing dedication to our